To view any variable in chrome, go to “Sources”, and then “Watch” and add it. If you add the “window” variable here then you can expand it and explore.
How do I show a variable in Chrome developer tools?
You need to double click the variable name, then right click will reveal the add to watch option.
How do I see variable values in Chrome Console?
We can then check what values are stored in any variable at that point of time. Click F12 to open Developer Tools in Chrome. Or we can right-click and select Inspect (Ctrl+Shift+I). Go to Sources tab and expand Event Listener Breakpoints section.
How do you set a variable in Chrome Console?
With the chrome developer tools do the following:
- Open the target webpage.
- Under the list of sources, hit the pause button:
- Under “console” at the bottom, there is a white box with a > character.
- In the console you can set global variables.
- If the variable has already be defined, developer tools will should autocomplete.
How do I see all variables on a website?
Once setup, open jslinter and go to Options->check everything on the left column except “tolerate unused parameters”. Then run jslinter on the webpage and scroll down in the results. You will have a list of unused variables (global and then local to each function).
How do you show variables in inspect element?
To inspect local variable values
- While running in Debug mode, double-click any variable that appears in the Local Variables window. This displays the Debug Inspector for that local variable.
- Inspect the variable’s value. Change the value by clicking the button with an ellipsis (…) on it.
- Hit the F12 key.
- Select the Scripts , or Sources , tab in the developer tools.
- Click the little folder icon in the top level.
- Add a breakpoint by clicking on the line number on the left (adds a little blue marker)
# Set up DevTools Press Command+Option+J (Mac) or Control+Shift+J (Windows, Linux, ChromeOS) to open the Console, right here on this very page.
How do you set a browser variable?
Yes, you can open the browser’s console (For Chrome: Ctrl + Shift + I on PC, Command + Shift + I on Mac) and switch to the ‘Console’ tab. Then just edit the global variable by setting a= . Because it is in the global scope, you will be able to change it before the AJAX request.
How do you view the value of a variable?
- 7 Ways to Look at the Values of Variables While Debugging in Visual Studio. Aaron Hallberg.
- DataTip. Hover over a variable to see its value.
- Autos Window. **See variables used near your instruction pointer.
- Locals Window.
- Watch Windows.
- QuickWatch dialog.
- Parallel Watch Windows.
- Immediate Window.
- Source Tab. Navigate the source tab and examine the file explorer to determine which file we are looking for to make changes.
- Folder Association with Workspace.
- Edit and Save.
- Step 1: Reproduce the bug.
- Step 2: Get familiar with the Sources panel UI.
- Step 3: Pause the code with a breakpoint.
- Step 4: Step through the code.
- Step 5: Set a line-of-code breakpoint.
- Step 6: Check variable values. Method 1: The Scope pane. Method 2: Watch Expressions.
- Step 7: Apply a fix.
- Next steps.
To open the developer console in Google Chrome, open the Chrome Menu in the upper-right-hand corner of the browser window and select More Tools > Developer Tools. You can also use Option + ⌘ + J (on macOS), or Shift + CTRL + J (on Windows/Linux).