How many army bases are in the United States?
According to figures from the Pentagon as well as the Military Analysis Network, the United States has approximately 450 to 500 military bases. All 50 states have at least one base (Wyoming has just two, the largest of which is Francis E. Warren Air Force Base), but several have dozens.
Where are the army bases in United States?
WHERE SOLDIERS WORK, TRAIN AND LIVE
- Fort A.P. Hill. Bowling Green, Virginia.
- Fort Belvoir. Fairfax County, Virginia.
- Fort Benning. Columbus, Georgia.
- Fort Bliss. El Paso, Texas.
- Fort Bragg. Fayetteville, North Carolina.
- Fort Buchanan. San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Fort Campbell. Hopkinsville, Kentucky.
- Fort Carson. Colorado Springs, Colorado.
What US States have military bases?
Major U.S. Military Bases and Installations
- Alaska Military Bases. Alaska Glacier Helicopter Tour Photo (c) Linda Garrison.
- Alabama Military Bases. Sean Murphy/Getty Images.
- California Military Bases.
- Florida Military Bases.
- Georgia Military Bases.
- Kentucky Military Bases.
- Michigan Military Bases.
- Missouri Military Bases.
What is the largest US army base in the United States?
#1. If you are looking for the biggest military base in the United States, you must first head to Fort Bragg in North Carolina. Fort Bragg is the largest military base between all the branches if you look at the population. The mission of Fort Bragg is to train, equip, and deploy a wide variety of combatants.
What is the best Army base to be stationed at?
Best Military Bases in the U.S. for Families
- Fort Carson.
- Fort Sam Houston.
- Fort Story.
- Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson.
- Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
- Marine Corps Base Hawaii.
- Naval Base Coronado.
- Naval Station Mayport.
Who has the largest Army?
Top 10 Armies: Highest Number of Active-Duty Military Personnel. China’s massive force is the largest, followed by India and the United States.
What is the best Army base?
Best Overall Army Bases in the U.S.
- #1 – Fort Bragg, North Carolina. Image: Af.mil.
- #2 –Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.
- #3 – Fort Carson, Colorado.
- #2 – Kelley Barracks, Germany.
- #3 – Yongsan Garrison/Camp Humphreys, South Korea.
- #1 – Fort Benning, Georgia.
- #2 – Fort Sam Houston, Texas.
- #3 – Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.
Which army base has the most soldiers?
Topping the list for the world’s largest military base is in Fort Bragg. This is located in the United State’s North Carolina. Among military enthusiasts, it is also deemed the center of the military realm. Fort Bragg is home to more than 260,000 people, of which nearly 54,000 are active troop members.