What are categories in posts in WordPress?
WordPress categories are a very convenient way to organize your posts. You can have parent and child categories, making hierarchical arrangement of your posts possible. In addition, one post can be placed in more than one category.
Can a WordPress post have multiple categories?
WordPress lets you put a post into multiple categories. This could be several parent categories, or a parent category plus a subcategory or subcategories. Having multiple categories won’t benefit your SEO. You should only assign posts to multiple categories if it makes the most sense for your readers.
What are the categories in WordPress?
What are categories in WordPress? In short, categories are the most general method of grouping content on a WordPress site. A category symbolizes a topic or a group of topics that are connected to one another in some way. Sometimes, a post can belong to many categories at the same time.
What is the difference between tags and categories?
So, what’s the difference between tags and categories? While categories indicate the genre of your post, tags are more specific and indicate the specific topic your post seeks to cover. The best tags use a few words to describe what the post is about.
How many categories should a blog post have?
There’s no ideal number, but between three to five categories gives you enough breadth without being too overwhelming to manage. Some bloggers prefer five to eight categories, while news sites may have around eight to ten. The number is up to you. Just consider your content, your strategy, and your time.
How do you add categories to blog posts?
Labeling Blog Posts
- Go to your Blogger Dashboard and select the blog you want to edit.
- Mouse over the post you want to add categorized subheaders to and then select “Edit.” Click “Labels” on the right side of the Blogger interface.
- Press “Done” when you’re finished adding your categories.
How do I categorize my blog posts?
Categorizing my blog posts in their menu pages
- Firstly set up the categories for each topic you want to have, like in your case –– Beauty, food, journal, etc.
- Edit the menu items by assigning them the same categories you want the posts to appear.
- Now just assign the correct category to the posts as well.
When would you use a post instead of a page?
In a nutshell, pages are used for static content, whereas posts are for more timely content that is regularly updated. Depending on your website, you can have any combination of pages and posts.
How to organize your WordPress posts into categories?
– Use descriptive names. This goes for both your categories and tags, since it increases the chances that readers will be able to find the content they want on your blog. – Limit blog posts to one category each. Doing this minimizes confusion, and keeps your organization scheme as simple as possible. – Use tags liberally.
How to sort categories by number of posts in WordPress?
WordPress does let you sort posts in the backend (i.e. inside your admin area) by clicking on the column headers icons (e.g. sort posts by title in ascending or descending order, sort by date published, etc.) but it won’t save this order on the frontend (i.e. what users see).
How to show recent posts by category in WordPress?
Create a Custom Shortcode. First,you need to create a shortcode. It is actually easier than you might think.
How to display all categories in WordPress?
add_shortcode (‘wpb_categories’, ‘wpb_catlist_desc’); This code creates a shortcode which displays all your categories and their descriptions in a plain list. You can now use [wpb_categories] in your posts and pages. To use this shortcode inside a text widget, you will need to enable shortcodes for widgets.