What grades do you need to get into Farnborough College?
To access our courses, students would generally achieve grade 4s in their GCSES – this includes a grade 4 (or higher) in GCSE English language. For the majority of A level courses, students will have mostly achieved grade 5s (or higher) across their GCSEs, though we can be flexible with this.
What are the sixth form subjects?
Sixth Form Subjects
- Art & Design. The course offers you a rich opportunity for visual study.
- 3D Art and Design. Designing and making usable objects, from one-offs to possible mass production.
- Business Studies.
- Drama and Theatre Studies.
- English Language.
- English Literature.
Do sixth forms look at attendance?
However, universities will not check your attendance during sixth form unless the school mentions it in your reference– and if they do (which is very unlikely), it will be a positive aspect because your school is favouring you to be able to get a place at your dream university.
Can you accept 2 sixth form places?
You can apply to multiple sixth forms, as well as the sixth form of the school that you attend as there is no limit here. However, it is important to note that acceptance can be based upon GCSE grades so make sure to apply to a range of different just in case.
How do you get good at sixth form?
Ten top tips for a successful Sixth Form
- Choose subjects you are passionate about, whilst being mindful of future goals.
- Be organised.
- Consolidate work from the off.
- Free periods – use them wisely!
- Thinking about the future.
- Build a good relationship with your pastoral and academic staff.
How many subjects do you pick in sixth form?
Students usually take 3 or 4 different subjects over a 2 year period, typically between the ages of 16 and 18. The English educational system allows students to specialise in the subjects of their choice at A Level and British universities like A Levels as they provide the depth required for UK degree courses.
What are the best A-level combinations?
What A-Level subjects go well together? 10 great combinations you could consider
- Mathematics, Physics, Further Mathematics.
- Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology.
- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry.
- Art, Mathematics, Physics.
- History, Economics, Politics.
- Business Studies, Economics, Maths.
- English Literature, History, Psychology.
How many people go to Farnborough College?
Farnborough College of Technology
|Academic affiliation||Aldershot College University Centre Farnborough University of Surrey|
|Location||Farnborough, Hampshire, England51.2856°N 0.7490°W|
Does Farnborough have a university?
Quinn. “The best thing about University Centre Farnborough was the people I met. The lecturers make you feel at ease – they and your classmates always help you out if you need it.
Can you accept 2 college offers UK?
Yes, for UK undergraduate admissions, you can accept two offers at once – but no more! One will be your first choice; if you don’t meet the conditions, then you have a shot at the second one. So in your case, you would put the conditional offer first, and the unconditional one as your “insurance”.