What is a good movie to teach kids about slavery?
5 Kid Approved Slavery Documentaries
- What are slavery documentaries?
- Digging for Slaves.
- Freedom Seekers: Stories from the Western Underground Railroad.
- Found Voices: The Slave Narratives.
- Ghosts of Amistad: In the Footsteps of the Rebels.
- Slavery and the Making of America (TV-PG)
What kids should watch for Black History Month?
Black History Movies for Kids and Families
- Garrett’s Gift (2008)– Rated G.
- Hidden Figures (2016)– Rated PG.
- Ruby Bridges (1998)– Rated PG.
- Woodlawn (2015)– Rated PG.
- Kevin Hart’s Guide to Black History (2019)– Rated PG.
- Selma (2014)– Rated PG-13.
What is a good kid friendly movie?
Best Family Movies
- The Adventures of Milo and Otis. age 5+ Lovable pet tale about friendship despite differences.
- A Bug’s Life. age 5+
- Finding Nemo. age 5+
- Frozen. age 5+
- The Little Mermaid. age 5+
- My Little Pony: A New Generation. age 5+
- My Neighbor Totoro. age 5+
- Toy Story (1995) age 5+
What is the best film for 11 year olds?
Best movies for teens to add to your watch list
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (2001)
- The Mitchells vs the Machines (2021)
- The Baby-Sitters Club (1995)
- Queen of Katwe (2016)
- The Goonies (1985)
- Adventures in Babysitting (1987)
- The Princess Diaries (2001)
- Freaky Friday (2003)
Is Ruby Bridges movie good for kids?
Inspirational Film (A must watch for families) Ruby Bridges was an incredibly brave little trail blazer with more love and wisdom packed into that little body than the hoards opposing her presence. A must watch for children (9+) and adults.
Are school hidden figures appropriate?
The movie is likely to lack interest for children under 10 years, and its themes make it more suitable for older children. Therefore we don’t recommend it for children under 10 years, and we do recommend parental guidance for children aged 10-12 years.
Is Ruby Bridges on Disney +?
Watch Ruby Bridges. Full movie. Disney+ When six-year-old Ruby is chosen to be the first African-American to integrate her local elementary school, she is subjected to the true ugliness of racism for the first time.
Are there any cuss words in Hidden Figures?
Characters are treated unfairly and misjudged by authority figures and society. Sexual Content: Characters embrace and kiss. Some flirtatious banter occurs. Profanity: Profanities, slurs and terms of deity are infrequently used.
Is Soul appropriate for 8 year olds?
Soul is a delightful visual animation that is very enjoyable to watch. The mature themes of life and death might confuse some children and require explanation, so it’s not suitable for children under 8 and parental guidance is recommended to 10 years.